The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the EU regulation that enhances the protection of the personal data of EU citizens and increases the obligations on organizations who collects the personal data.
- Click the Settings icon in the main navigation bar of your HubSpot account.
- Select Privacy & Consent In the left sidebar menu.
- Switch on the toggle EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) switch on.
- To only send marketing emails to contacts with a legal basis to communicate, select the checkbox Legal basis required.
(Legal basis to communicate is email address-based. Contacts must give consent for each email address they would like to receive emails for.)
- Click, Yes, Enable GDPR tools in the new box.
- Click Save.
When the Only all marketing emails to be sent to contacts who have a legal basis to communicate checkbox is selected, all subscription types on a contact's email subscription page will be unchecked by default.
Once GDPR is enabled, you'll have the following features in your account:
- Cookie consent banner toggled ON by default.
- GDPR delete functionality, gives you the choice to either delete a contact and keep the option to restore within 90 days, or delete the contact fully to comply with GDPR.
- If you're using the HubSpot Sales extension or add-in, banners on contact records notifying you if a contact does not have a lawful basis for processing.
- GDPR-ready forms with a lawful basis notice and communication consent checkbox form field for newly created forms. For existing forms, you need to add notice and consent information for each form.
- Unsubscribe links turned ON by default for sales one-to-one and sequences emails.
- Meetings links that include the notice/consent messaging by default (meetings links created before enabling GDPR will not be updated to include this message).
- Ability to add communication consent and lawful basis for processing to contacts via a list import, bulk edit, or manual contact creation.