In HubSpot, you can create a library of the goods or services that your company sells. Once the library is created, you can associate the products with individual deals. Creating products in the product library helps you to track easily what you're selling to your customers. When you associate a product with a deal or quote, you are adding a line item. A line item is one instance of that product.
Differences between a product and a line item:
- Product: a product represents a good or service that your company deals in.
- Line items: associating a product with a deal record or a quote means you are associating one instance of that product as a line item.
Create a product
You can either import multiple products or create an individual product.
- Click the Settings icon in the main navigation bar of your HubSpot account.
- Go to Objects > Products & Quotes from the left sidebar menu.
- Click Create product.
- Customize your product details in the right panel.
- Name: enter a name for the product or service.
- SKU: enter a name for the SKU.
- Description: enter a description of the product.
- Folder: click the Folders dropdown menu and select a folder to organize the products.
- Price [currency]: enter the product's value in your account's currency.
- Billing frequency: how often you will bill your contacts for the product or service.
- Unit cost: enter the cost per unit. HubSpot will calculate the margin based on everything you sell. This will help you to know how much money you're making per sale.
- Multi currency prices: if you're dealing in multiple currencies in your account, you will need to manually enter the price for each corresponding currency in the designated fields.
- Term length: enter a term length in months or in years.
- Click Save, or click Save and add another to create another product.
You can delete products, organize products into folders, or export your products from HubSpot in the product library.
- Click the dropdown Actions in the upper right, then select Create folder.
- Enter a folder name, then click Add folder.
- Hover over the product, click the dropdown Actions, then select Move to move a product to a folder.
- Select a folder, then click Move.
- You can also move multiple products at once by selecting the checkboxes next to the products to move, then clicking Move at the top of the table.
Export your products
- Select the checkboxes next to the product name to export, or select the checkbox next to the Name column heading to select all products to export.
- Click Export at the top of the table.
- Select a file format from the dropdown, then click Export.
Delete your products
- Select the checkboxes next to the product name to delete, or select the checkbox next to the Name column heading to select all products to delete.
- Click Delete at the top of the table.