Customer loyalty (NPS) surveys are used to track how likely your customers will recommend your company to other people. This type of survey can be sent through email, or display it on any webpage that has your HubSpot tracking code installed.
Set up a Customer Loyalty Survey
- Go to Service > Track customer loyalty (NPS) in your HubSpot account.
- Create, clone, or edit a survey:
- To create a new survey, click Create survey.
- To clone an existing survey, hover over the survey and click the dropdown More, then select Clone.
- To edit an existing survey, hover over the survey name and click Edit.
- To create a customer loyalty survey, hover over the Customer Loyalty card and click Create survey.
- Click the pencil icon to give your survey a name.
- Click Email or Web page to select the delivery method for your customer satisfaction survey.
- To continue click the Survey or Position (for web page surveys) tab.
Position (Web page surveys only)
- Select a location for your web page survey in the left panel: Slide-in box left, Slide-in box right, or Dropdown banner.
- Preview how the survey will be displayed in the right panel.
- Click the Survey tab to continue.
Customize the branding and appearance of your survey:
- In the Email settings section:
- Click the Survey language dropdown menu and select the language you want the survey to be in.
- Enter your company name in Company name.
- Set the From name and From address for the survey. Any name and address of any user in your account can be selected.
- Enter the subject line. You can also insert a personalization token in the subject.
- Click Advanced settings and use the dropdown menu to select the office address. That address will display on the footer of the email.
- In the Email body section:
- Customize the text that appears at the top of your survey in the Greeting field.
- In the Theme section:
- Click the toggle the Featured image switch on and click Replace.
- Choose a default colour or a customize the colour.
- Click the Survey tab:
- Click the dropdown Survey language to select the language you want to display your survey in.
- Enter your Company name.
- Choose a default colour or a customize the colour.
- In the right panel, preview the email or website survey.
- Click the Feedback tab to continue.
Customize the feedback questions to learn more about the customer's response:
- Click 0 - 6 Detractors to enter Follow-up question for customers who gave a low score.
- Click 7 - 8 Passive to enter Follow-up question for customers who gave a neutral score.
- Click 9 - 10 Promoters to enter Follow-up question for customers who gave a high score.
- Preview the follow-up question in the right panel.
- Click the Thank you tab to continue.
Customize the thank you message that a customer will see after submitting the survey response:
- Click 0-6 Detractors, 7 - 8 Passive, and 9-10 Promoters tab and customize the Image, Header text, and Body text.
- If you switch on the toggle Show image, it will include a default image at the top of the thank you message. Click Replace to change the image.
- Write a header for your thank you message in the Header text.
- Write a thank you message in the Body text.
- Preview the thank you messages in the right panel.
- Click the Audience tab to continue.
Choose the recipients of the survey:
- The survey will be sent to a contact if it became a customer more than 30 days ago.
- You can create your own criteria by using record properties and then selecting Start from scratch or you can select a static list you have created by clicking Static lists.
- Click Edit criteria to change the current criteria. If you are starting from scratch, then select a property type and click Create criteria.
- Contacts who already meet the selected criteria will not receive the survey. To conduct this survey with existing contacts who meet the criteria, click the Options tab, then switch on the toggle Enroll existing contacts.
- Once you're done with setting up the filters, in the bottom left, click Apply.
- To continue, click the Settings tab.
Choose how often the survey will be sent:
Recurring: click the radio button to send the survey regularly. Click the dropdown to the frequency of the survey.
One Off: click the radio button to send the survey to your customers once.
Decide when the survey is sent
For email surveys:
- Click the dropdown Who gets notified about new survey responses? and select users and/or teams to receive submission notifications via email.
For web page surveys:
- Specify which pages the survey should appear on:
- All pages.
- Only pages that match these URLs: enter the valid link.
- When do you want the survey to appear? : enter a number of seconds in the text field to set when the survey will load on the page
- Mobile: Select the Show survey on small screen sizes checkbox to display the survey on small screen sizes.
- Click the Add users who should get an email notification dropdown menu, then select users and/or teams to receive submission notifications via email.
- Click the Automation tab to continue.
- To set up follow-up actions based on survey responses, click Create workflow below the 0 - 6 Detractors, 7 - 8 Passives, and/or 9 - 10 Promoters sections.
- Select the actions to automate or click See more to see other actions in the right panel.
Preview and Publish
- Preview how your survey will appear on the desktop, tablet, and mobile, from the Preview button.
- Send yourself a version of an email survey or view the survey on a test web page from the Test survey button.
- Once done with the settings, click Review and Publish.
- Click Publish to take your survey live.