Using dependent fields in a form, you can display additional fields based on the contact's responses to a previous field. For example, if your business is of electronic devices, you ask visitors if they want to purchase a mobile or a laptop and he chooses option mobile, the next field will display mobile brands.
Add dependent fields to a form
- Go to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms in your HubSpot account.
- Create a new form or hover over an existing form and click the Edit.
- In the form editor on the right, hover over the field where you want to add dependent fields to, then click the pencil icon edit.
- Click the Logic tab in the left panel.
- In the Dependent fields section:
- Click the first dropdown and set the targeting rule for your dependent field.
- Now click the second dropdown, set the value(s), based on the targeting rule selected in the first dropdown that should trigger the dependent field.
- Now click the third dropdown, under then show, select the dependent field that should appear if the criteria is met.
- Click Add.